Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Houston Recap


Yesterday was the first of our 15 MLB games. Astros vs. Padres……two highly competitive and winning teams (for you that don’t follow baseball this was sarcasm because both teams are two of the bottom four teams in baseball). To quote Sportscenter “Is that bad??….It's not good”.  Even though the teams are not that good, we lucked out and got some awesome tickets. Collin’s uncle was able to get us four Diamond Club seats. Our seats were first row just to the left of home plate. We also go all the free food we could eat including some fried macaroni that was absolutely incredible. They also had ice cream snicker bars, pints of blue bell, popcorn, peanuts, hot dogs, sausages, and a lot of fancy food that I did not care to take part in while being at a baseball game.

The unbelievable view from the seats that Collin's uncle graciously gave us.


The Astros actually got the W. I (Nathan) had been to two other games this year but didn't see a winner until tonight.

Tad bit blurred but you get the idea


The game itself was a lot of fun. We were able to talk to the Padres players when they were on the on deck circle. Mark Kotsay gave a little boy next to us a bat, two baseball gloves, and a ball….must be nice to be a cute five year old.  Cameron Maybin and I had two run-ins with his back pocket. He kept coming up to bat with his pocket hanging out, so I said “Hey your back pocket is out bro” he responded with a wink and head nod….Really Cameron? You can't use your words, you have to wink at me? Will Venable came up to the on deck circle, and I notice that his pants had been sewn up where there had obviously been a hole. I asked him “What's up with the patch on the pants Venable” he responded with “I know right? I’m in the big leagues you would think I could get some new pants.” It was really funny.  I told him that if he hit a home run I wouldn’t make fun of his pants anymore…..wouldn’t you know he goes up and hits one out. Needless to say I did not make fun of his pants again. 

I don't know how many times in his career that Cameron Maybin had been heckled about how his back pocket was out but Josh definitely made him hear about it, even getting a response (a wink.....) from him


Will Venable was one of the Padres who took the time out to talk to us while waiting for his at-bat.


We met two very nice people that were sitting next to us, so I wanted to give a shout out to Mr. and Mrs. Puff.   Hope you guys found our blog and website. 

During the game the little boy that had received all the items from Kotsay asked me if I was Nathan’s Dad……so while teaching at my school I have almost had my phone taken up and almost given a tardy pass, but at the Astros game this little boy thought I was old enough to be Nathan’s father…lol.  

As we were getting up to leave for the game, the Astros owner Jim Crane was going onto the field to take a picture with the Astros newly signed draft pick. When he came off, I asked him if we could get a picture with him, and he said yes and asked us if we wanted to take it on the field. We of course said yes, and got a really awesome picture (see below).  The game was a lot fun . 

Astros owner Jim Crane was kind enough to take a picture with us after the game on the field. I told him we were going to Chicago to take in the game against the Cubs on Saturday, hoping to get an invite to the box I know he will be sitting in. But no dice. Oh well.

Nathan and I are currently in Dallas to meet up with Joe Brown II and Alan Terlip for the Rangers game tonight.  Due to personal reasons Collin will have to miss this game, but he will be meeting up with us in St. Louis. We can’t wait for him to join us.  

Josh and I in our new home for the next three weeks. 5,000 miles is a long, long way to go. Josh even set up a bed in the back to sleep on.


The Arlington recap will be posted tomorrow night.

Please feel free to comment as well. We will definitely respond. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment